As a tool of communication, videos are becoming the go-to medium for a variety of corporate and business institutions. The high engagement levels, ability to capture and retain attention, share information easily and more make videos a great medium for corporate communications.
Corporate video is a highly sought-after commodity for these reasons, but what many people don’t realize is that the advantages of corporate video production don’t just work for large conglomerates. Small and medium businesses across a variety of industries can benefit from corporate explainer videos. These videos can increase brand recognition and improve conversion figures among other things, and a great resource for businesses looking to expand their horizons.
The numbers game
Let us take a look at the numbers. Forbes has put together a very compelling set of statistics that make the case for use of video in online promotion activities. Here are these amazing statistics that make the case for using video:
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
- The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video than without.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribe rates by 26%.
- 69% of smartphone users say videos are a perfect solution for smartphone viewing as it offers a quick way for consumers to grasp an overview of a product.
Furthermore, this eMarketer report has another interesting number that makes the case for using videos online. The study reports that in 2013, 93% of marketers had already employed video content for marketing purposes. A more recent Cisco study predicts a bold future for videos online as well. According to the study, “Globally, IP video traffic will be 82 percent of all consumer Internet traffic by 2020, up from 70 percent in 2015. Global IP video traffic will grow threefold from 2015 to 2020, a CAGR of 26 percent. Internet video traffic will grow fourfold from 2015 to 2020, a CAGR of 31 percent.”
How video content can help educational institutions
The numbers prove that video is the big thing now, and will continue to grow, but why is it the perfect route for educational institutions to go down?
1. Know your audience – Aspiring college students are the generation born in social media, the lightning speed internet, smartphone and the digital video age. This is the lead demographic for online consumption of videos. The generation that doesn’t go anywhere without their smart devices, and looks to Google first for an answer. When your target audience is so tech-savvy and internet-dependent, it is a no-brainer that digital video will attract their attention. As a student, wouldn’t you rather watch a video about what the college has to offer rather than read reams and reams of text?
2. Amplify your social media – Most if not all educational institutions have social media verticals including YouTube and Facebook channels. Both YouTube and Facebook also happen to be the most popular social media portals for sharing of video content online. And because we have already proven that video is the most engaging form of media online, it goes without saying that an institution with video content going up on its social media is far more likely to gain eyeballs than one that that doesn’t share video content.
3. Enhance your credibility – It is easy to make blank statements like “the best college” or “the premier institution,” but these overused platitudes are creating an environment of disenchantment and distrust among the younger populace. Proving your school is great means putting your teaching staff out there. Get the principal or dean to talk about the school’s history, achievements of past students, placement figures etc. in front of camera to help convince students that there are not just tall claims. Putting a face to the school makes it more relatable, genuine and credible. Having the teaching staff talk about their experience and credentials can also help convince a student of the calibre of the school.
4. Flaunt your facilities – A corporate or explainer video giving the students a virtual tour of your school premises, including sports and leisure activities, hostels, classrooms and more can provide students with visual confirmation of the facilities that the school has on offer. This further underlines how your institution is concerned about the all-round development of your students and has the right infrastructure for them to make progress. For instance, this corporate video for Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism that showcases the institute’s facility and studio offerings, is the perfect 2-minute sneak peek into what they have on offer for media students.
5. Making enrolling easier – Sometimes, enrolling into a college or institution can be a complicated process. There are central entrance examinations with fixed dates, group interviews, essay submissions, personal interviews and more. Keeping track of everything is difficult especially if the student is attempting to gain access to multiple institutes. A corporate video walking the students through the admission process can help provide information and clarity, allowing more students to attempt admission because they didn’t miss the deadline or weren’t prepared well enough. Or it could even be as crisp and catchy as these 21-second videos we created for Seamedu’s Sound Engineering, Animation, Filmmaking, and Journalism courses.
If you wish to create a slick corporate video or any other type of digital video content for your educational institution, Toolbox Studio can help. Get in touch with us and get started with your own video content that will help elevate your institute to reach new heights online.