Skill Development Initiative
Toolbox Studio’s strategic partnerships stand testimony to the fact that as a leading media organization in India, we not only deliver outstanding services to a diverse range of businesses and industries, but also contribute to the entire creative ecosystem.
The paucity of highly skilled manpower across the creative industry, especially in the Visual Effects (VFX) and Animation domain , has emerged as one of the foremost challenges that is obstructing the growth and future of the Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector.
At Toolbox Studio, we have undertaken the responsibility of enabling the overcoming of this complex hurdle by collaborating with Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism in the areas of VFX and Animation .
Our skill development initiative ensures that every Seamedu student gets maximized exposure to the industry during their course. Toolbox Studio’s experienced team is actively involved in adding more value to two programs that Seamedu offers:
- Degree in Visual Effects & Animation for Film & TV – A four-year program
- Diploma in Visual Effects & Animation for Film & TV – A one-year program
Session by VFX experts
- Key Highlights
- Degree in Visual Effects & Animation for Film & TV
- Diploma in Visual Effects and 3D Animation
- Career Options
Curriculum and Scope
The extensive curriculum for Seamedu’s Visual Effects and Animation courses has been designed in association with Toolbox Studio. Apart from being a sister concern, Toolbox Studio is also amongst the leading VFX and Animation companies with elite Hollywood projects, television commercials and Indian movies to our credit. Students can learn the nitty-gritties of how things work in the industry and create projects like TV ads with VFX, animated ads, short films, commercials and motion graphics during the program.
The students enrolled in Seamedu’s programs stand to benefit immensely with the constant interaction with multi-specialty artists and specialists from Toolbox Studio. Not only do they conduct training workshops and guest lectures at the institute, but also welcome students to pick their brains about anything related to the subject.
Thanks to Seamedu’s 70% focus on experiential or practical learning, case studies, workshops, seminars and project work are all a major part of the program. At every level of grooming and learning, the students will be presented with unique industry projects and pitted against the best in the business, thus giving them a feel of what it is like to work in the real world.
Working on software like Maya, Adobe AfterEffects, Nuke, Boujou, Silhouette, Photoshop and Match Mover, and learning the art and science behind 2D/3D compositing, 3D Stereo Conversion, Lighting & Rendering for VFX, Match Moving and Tracking, Matte Painting and Dynamic Effects forms the crux of the program. Toolbox Studio aids students to get easy access to international standard infrastructure including Chroma screen, sound recording studio, latest digital cameras and all related equipment.
Jobs and internships
Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism places a high importance on industry placement support. Toolbox Studio not only provides ample internship opportunities to students, but also recruits the best talent from the institute, thus giving them a great platform in the realms of VFX and Animation to build their careers on.
Quick Look (Topics Covered)
• Planning for a VFX Shoot
• Live action shooting techniques for VFX
• Creating 3D sets, assets & characters for a Visual Effect (VFX) shots
• Painting realistic & Semi-realistic textures in Photoshop
• Animation (CG Camera and Character Animation)
• 3D Lighting
• 3D Rendering (rendering Passes using mental ray)
• Matte painting
• Develop motion graphic for televisions & live action films.
• Roto (Tips & Tricks)
• 2D & 3D Match Moving
• 3D-stereoscopic (Depth /2D /3D)
• Create live action short film projects using visual effects (Digital/Special Effect) & animation techniques.
Quick Look (Topics Covered)
• Story-boarding for VFX shot
• 3D Modelling,
• Creating 3D shading and Texturing in Photoshop
• Realistic 3D Rendering and Lighting
• 3D animation for creating short animated films
• VFX production process
• 3D visual effects such as particle systems and motion graphics
• Still and moving image capture/manipulation
• Look development and advanced rendering
• Rotomation Artist
• Motion Graphic Artist
• 3D Animator
• Effects Artist
• 2D Paint Artist
• 3D modeler & Texturing artist
• Matte Painting Artist