Remember Dollar Shave Club?
The start-up from 2012 that grew from zero to a whopping $615 million valuation company in 3 years, with just one viral inbound marketing video. It garnered over 26 million views on YouTube, getting the company 1.1 million subscribers and eventually a $1 billion all-cash acquisition by Unilever.
And the video is not even two minutes long.
It never gets old, does it?
Dollar Shave Club represents a growing number of brands that don’t squander money and effort on bombarding customers with information they don’t need. Brands are now evolving their marketing strategy towards pull marketing or inbound marketing.
What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing strategy uses content, blogs, events, SEO, social media and more as a medium to attract the right customers organically. Rather than running after a customer, inbound marketing focuses on making the company easy to be found.
The Internet empowers your audience to explore your products’ detailed specs, pricing, reviews, and after-sales service. Potential buyers may already be anywhere from two-thirds to 90% of the way through their buying journey even before they make their first call to your sales team.
Inbound marketing depends on understanding customer behavior and on giving customers exactly what they are looking for. It cuts down the expenses of keeping a large team making cold calls, and sending email and SMS blasts, which are either deleted without reading or dumped into the spam folder.
If utilized effectively, inbound marketing can –
1. Generate social media shares and inbound links.
2. Increase your brand’s awareness multifold.
3. Give the decision-making power to the customer without you having to smother them.
4. Generate qualified leads for a fraction of the money that you would spend on traditional marketing.
What is an Explainer Video?
Explainer video marketing uses engaging visually animated stories to present products, services, processes concepts, brand messages, prototype demo, or an elevator pitch. Here are some facts to advocate the power of videos over text –
1. Where both text and video are available on the same page, 69% of users would opt for the video to know about the company.
2. 74% of users who watched an explainer video of a company’s product or service ended up buying it.
3. 45% of the businesses that use explainer videos have it on their homepage. Of these, 83% say that the video is effective.
4. 47% of the businesses that use explainer videos use it in their email campaigns. Of these, 80% believe that it is an effective strategy.
Types of Explainer Videos
Making a killer explainer video involves either one or a combination of images, animation, live-action, text, and audio to convey the company’s message concisely. Depending upon your product or service, and budget, you can opt for any of the following types of explainer videos –
1. 2D or 3D Animation – Animated videos have a mass appeal and are easier to make without the hassle of arranging all the people and shooting equipment. 3D animation can be substantially more expensive (and effective) than a 2D video.
2. Whiteboard Animation – These are simple videos that use black and white illustrations on a virtual whiteboard to convey the message.
3. Cartoon Animation – Cartoons are best-suited for fun, adventurous concepts. With cartoon animation, you get to include lots of colors, humor, and expressive characters.
4. Kinetic Typography – This is where you use simple typography as a moving visual to put forth the idea.
Benefits of Using Explainer Videos for Inbound Marketing
You can enhance inbound marketing with an explainer video by drawing in the viewers to your product or service. Explainer videos practically put the customer in the driver’s seat by introducing your business and its products or services, explaining an existing problem and offering a solution, all in less than 90 seconds. They also pack a lot of punch because of the impressive advantages videos bring to inbound marketing –
1. Videos increase search engine ranking by 53x times.
2. Videos improve SEO & maximize keyword use.
3. They increase conversions on unique landing pages by up to 80%.
4. Blogs with videos are known to be more engaging.
5. 71% of people who watch a business video have a positive impression of the company and 58% of people perceive companies that have videos as trustworthy.
Many businesses have leveraged explainer videos for inbound marketing. Some of the industries that actively use them are –
6. Information Technology
8. Real estate
10. Food & beverage
14. Government sector
and many more…
You can learn all about explainer videos in this comprehensive explainer video guide that we made for businesses like you.
Toolbox Studio is based out of Pune, India. Our talented in-house team of writers, animators, artists, directors, and technicians is one of the best in the industry and work out of a sprawling 5000 sq. ft. dedicated facility.