How Toolbox Made UNindian HappenJune 30, 2016
Indian VFX Artists Making Hollywood Films HappenJuly 5, 2016
Video sharing website YouTube created history of sorts in 2012 when it announced that it had reached 4 billion video views per day. Every second, one hour of video is uploaded on the website, which has over a billion users. What this means is that almost one-third of all people on the Internet access YouTube for information, education, and entertainment.
That’s food for thought, especially if you are sitting on the fence regarding shooting a corporate video of your company. If there’s one thing that is clear from the staggering popularity of YouTube it’s that videos are hot property…and how!
Let’s look at seven compelling reasons to create a corporate video:
- If a picture says a thousand words, imagine the prose a video is capable of weaving. There is no better way to express yourself than shooting a corporate video. Rather than pages after pages of written content explaining what your business is all about, the values you hold dear, the work culture you foster, and anything else you might want to say to attract customers and/or employees, shoot a video and let them see it for themselves what you are all about. Videos are somehow more believable and relatable not to mention more instantaneous as compared to written content.
- We retain visual content better. According to studies, people remember 10% of what they read, 20% of what they hear, 30% of what they see, and 40% of what they hear and see. The statistics speak for themselves or rather make a strong case for shooting corporate videos. If that doesn’t convince you, there’s more. Ninety percent of the information transmitted to the brain is visual. Visuals are processed 60,000x faster in the brain than text. We rest our case!
- Videos are a great presales tool because they give you a platform to explain your products and services in a fun and interactive manner. Most businesses these days have a website that explain their products and services, but how many potential customers will bother to read it? Worse still, they can easily misinterpret what they read. Videos usually make it crystal clear to them if what you are offering meets their needs, so by the time they come to you; they are already halfway through the decision-making process.
- They can be used to build credibility. Shooting testimonial videos of your customers who have used your product/service is a great way to build credibility and goodwill for your business. There’s nothing more convincing for a customer than a personal review of your business from a fellow customer and hearing what others have to say about your business just boosts their confidence in your company.
- Videos improve your ranking on Google. According to a 2009 study quoted on this blog, web pages with videos are 53x more likely to rank on the first page of Google search results. Agreed that the study is slightly dated, but the fact remains that your videos stand a much better chance than your text pages of being shown on the first results page.
- Videos have a far greater reach as compared to plain text. Instead of just putting it up on your website, you can also upload your corporate video on YouTube and potentially reach over a billion users. But that’s not all. You can use various social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. to promote your video.
- Videos can help improve your conversion rate. According to research, viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video. Videos increase the amount of time a client spends on your website giving them more time to absorb your message and let’s face it, the more time they spend understanding your products and services, the higher is the likelihood of them purchasing them.
See for yourself some of the corporate videos that Toolbox Studio has created for its clients and you will understand the power of visual messaging. So, are you ready to unlock the true potential of your business? Are you ready to show to the world what you’re about? Are you ready to engage with your customers on a different level altogether? Are you ready to shoot a corporate video? We believe the answer is, “Oh yes!”